Sunday, March 1, 2009

Braxton Hicks and Movement

I've been feeling the baby move on and off but for the first time was able to feel it from the outside with my hands. I had been out for a walk Thursday, grocery shopping and then picked up the girls. I felt fine until I went to get out of the truck, and had a cramping sensation the minute my feet hit the ground. It scared the hell out of me at first cause I thought something was wrong but I felt fine once I got in the house and sat down. I had a couple more of these and then realized this must be those Braxton Hicks contractions every talks about.

I took a bath, not for the ctx but because I hadn't showered yet and my stomach just felt wild with new feelings so I pressed my hands firmly to what felt like my rock hard uterus and could feel the baby move. It was so awesome. I just laid there in the bathtub smiling, for the first time.... not caring that it only holds 6" of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment